“You have to spend money to make money.” It’s a saying most small business owners have heard time and again. And many embrace the view, particularly when it comes to investing in their business, employees, and other technologies. They understand that making these investments are necessary if they want to grow their business. However, many entrepreneurs find it challenging to follow the equally valuable advice, “invest in yourself,” even though the return on such an investment can be phenomenal.
Why Investing in Yourself, Is Investing in Your Business
Entrepreneurs are notorious for being laser-focused on their company’s success. It’s a positive trait that helps them build momentum, stay competitive, and innovate. Yet many struggle to find time to invest in themselves, minimizing their personal growth in favor of building an empire. If you’re one of them, read on to learn five important ways your business benefits when you do right by yourself first.
1. Significant ROI. Investing in external tools like digital devices and software solves specific issues. Investing in yourself solves infinite problems because you focus on your business’s one constant: you.
2. You are your brand. Take a look at your company’s mission statement. Does it include purposeful words like passion, inspiration, and integrity? Are you mirroring those values in your personal life? When you do, your business will naturally follow suit.
3. As you grow, your business grows. When you invest in yourself, you become better equipped to handle the challenges that come with expansion. Surrounding yourself with peers who uplift you and encourage your personal growth can open you up to possibilities you never dreamed of and down paths you didn’t think you dared to explore.
4. Resiliency builds longevity. You don’t run your car on an empty gas tank, so why try to run yourself on one? Expending massive amounts of emotional and mental energy on the business without replenishing yourself periodically to avoid crashing and burning can lead to poor decision-making, as well as psychological and physical health problems. Eating right, spending quality time with others, and calming your mind help build the resilience you need to weather any business storm.
5. You empower others. There’s a huge difference between being a business operator and a business owner. Surrounding yourself with people who excel at what they do lets you spend more time innovating and growing your business. Learning to communicate clearly, delegate, and support your team is invaluable to your company and your mindset.
Is a Mastermind Group Right For You?
Investing in yourself is one of the most valuable investments you can ever make. Joining a mastermind group helps you tackle roadblocks, execute ideas, and expand your network while providing learning opportunities and keeping you accountable to yourself and your business. To learn more about whether Catalyst Mastermind Collaborative is the right investment for your personal and professional development, contact us online today or call us at 702-682-1899 to schedule a meeting.