It takes a lot more than Googling “mastermind groups near me” to find one that responds to your unique personal and professional business goals. Questions that drive new business owners to seek one out might include:
- Who can I turn to when I need a sounding board?
- My business is so niche. Is there anyone out there who’s going through what I’m going through?
- Who can I talk to when I have challenges with my team, customers, or business operations and my finances?
- Where do I find people who can help me make better decisions for my business?
- Do other people actually do all this alone?
We can definitively answer #5! Yes, some people try to do it all by themselves, but the ones who succeed at taking their business to the next level rarely do it in a vacuum. Many say that joining a mastermind group helped them overcome obstacles and keep moving toward their goals.
Get Smart: Growing Your Business with a Mastermind Group
Managing a business is hard work. Having a support system that provides encouragement, new ideas, and guidance when you need it most is essential if you want to grow your business into what you’ve always envisioned.
On a basic level, mastermind groups are simply a manifestation of the saying, “two heads are better than one.” However, in this case, you typically get many “two heads,” with one, of course, being your own. When you find the right fit in a group, you’ll learn how to work with other entrepreneurs toward a common objective: your business’s success.
Advantages of joining a mastermind group include:
- Being held accountable for your stated goals.
- Reliable, professional peer connection.
- In-depth conversations that lead to innovation and expanded ideas.
- Access to a network of entrepreneurs that offer collaborative opportunities and partnerships.
How to Choose a Mastermind Group
Mastermind group members want to help other entrepreneurs whenever they can. At each mastermind group meeting, you get to receive valuable wisdom and advice and over time, reciprocate in kind. In fact, you might learn a lot about which skills you already possess, as other members share problems and challenges you’ve already overcome.
Three factors make up a successful mastermind group:
- The facilitator. They wear many hats, but facilitators are responsible for screening members to ensure they’re a good fit, facilitating the group meetings, and engaging members by drawing them out and quieting them down!
- The participants. Responsibilities go hand-in-hand with mastermind group membership. Along with showing up regularly and on time, members need to be fully present and ready and willing to give and receive during a meeting.
- The mastermind group structure. Some groups meet virtually, others only in person. Group sizes can range from as few as three to a dozen. You might need to try out several before finding one that works for you.
Find Top Business Mastermind Groups Near You
You don’t have to face the future alone! If you’re looking to invest in a mastermind membership to achieve greater success than you would on your own, contact Catalyst Mastermind Collaborative online or call us at 702-682-1899 to learn more.